Cycle Surgery Employment Opportunities
Operations Manager and Head Bike Mechanic
About the business
Cycle Surgery operates a cycle tourism business on the Otago Central Rail Trail. Cycle Surgery hires bikes, runs shuttles and organises tour itineraries for thousands of clients who cycle the Otago Central Rail Trail every year.
Operations Manager and Head Bike Mechanic. The position is based in Middlemarch and includes management of operations at the Middlemarch Depot. The position is a full time, fixed term position from September to May.
Position tasks and responsibilities
- Organizing the daily operations of the shop - shifts, vehicle allocation, bike preparation
- Monitoring bookings and sales
- Monitoring and responding to customers inquiries, reviews and complaints
- Greeting and assisting customers at the start and end of their trip
- Assigning work to staff in the shop
- Ensuring the bikes are ready for collection
- Supervising the Bike Mechanic workshop
- Assisting the Bike Mechanic(s) when needed
- Assisting with any required tasks in the shop when needed - Enquiries and Bookings, phone calls and emails, cleaning, general maintenance, ...
- Ensuring constant and adequate office and workshop equipment and supplies
- Ensuring the shop is kept clean and tidy.
- Driving a Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Vehicle to assist with meeting and greeting clients, transferring clients' bags from accommodation to accommodation, bike relocation and drive clients.
- Ensuring the Cycle Surgery Rail Trail Vehicles are kept clean and tidy and up to date with legal requirements
- Reporting to Business Owners and Directors about any issues and general operation
Skills and Experience
- Business and/or management qualification
- Full, clean drivers licence
- Passenger Service Licence (not essential)
- Bike Mechanic Experience – Minimum 1-year experience
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
Ph: 027 2904185